Monday, February 8, 2010

Crazy Heart


February 7 2010--Crazy Heart

Sunday still cold here in Toronto so we thought we'd go see a movie that we weren't sure about. The good thing was it was playing before noon therefore it would only cost $6.00 each to see it. So we decided to go see Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges. Now Jeff Bridges has a lot of credit with me as he was in TRON. I loved TRON and have been ok with Jeff Bridges ever since. But since seeing Crazy Heart this movie could be the best movie I've ever seen Jeff Bridges. He's great. The story is basic. Down on his luck country singer with a booze problem and just a shit life but a great singer and song writer. I would hate these kind of movies normally but this movie was really good. The story was excellent, the pace of the movie which should have been slow was actually ok. It is what I call an ADULT film. Generally in these kind of movies I catch a long nap but this one I really liked. Colin Farrell is in it which I didn't know and he's very good too. I do hate Colin Farrell because no man should be that good looking and he seems like a cool guy. I liked the music in the film and I am going to buy the soundtrack. I love when I go to the movies thinking the movie is going to be slow and boring and it turns out to be really good.

Loved this movie and would tell you to go see it.

4.5 out of 5

garry

This was a total suprise. I'd heard it won Jeff Bridges loads of awards etc but those movies often prove to be a complete snooze-fest for me. Not so with this one. Defintitely a grown up movie with a really light touch, all understated and gentle. Jeff Bridges and Colin Farrell both did their own singing in it (according to the credits) which was another surprise as they were both pretty good, especially Bridges who does a bunch of songs.
You really must see this one.
5/5
L

1 comment:

  1. Hi kids.
    Garry I'm sure you already know this, but for everyone else, did you know there's a sequel to Tron coming? I pulled this off the interweb:

    Well come the end of this year, Disney releases Tron Legacy, the long awaited sequel to their 1982 cult hit Tron. There's little buzz amongst the general movie public about this film, but just like the recent smash success Avatar, I'm sure Disney's marketing strategy involves revealing more about the sequel bit by bit. I'm pretty sure that by this summer's end, it will be a greatly anticipated movie event among audiences. For die-hards like me, there is a wealth of information and even back-story to be found about the film's plot. (See for yourself and visit Flynn Lives.com.) The official synopsis reads:

    Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), looks into his father’s disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin’s loyal confidant (Olivia Wilde), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/tron-legacy-countdown-the-disappearance-of-kevin-flynn-the-return-of-jeff-bridges-9198

    Dave

    ReplyDelete