Thursday, December 31, 2009

Avatar


December 31 2009

AVATAR
OK this was a great movie! Maybe one of the best movies I've seen this year. Liz and I tried to see this movie Monday but the show was sold out. It kinda sucked but it was crazy busy. So we bought the tickets on Monday and went down to see it Wednesday. The line was huge again but at least we had tickets this time. I think it was so busy because it was only place the movie was playing in IMAX 3D.

Anyway this movie was great and it should be seen on the big screen and in 3D. I think James Cameron has changed the way we will watch movies, his 3D was great and not really over the top but was just part of the story. The dialogue in the story was kind of corny but still go see this movie. The 3D was great.

4.5 out of 5

garry

Reading Garry's review really reminded me that the dialogue and story was cheesy amd preachy in parts but I enjoyed the whole experience so much that all is forgiven. Normally in 3D movies I sit there and periodically fiddle with those large uncomfortable glasses that you have to wear. Fitting them over my specs is a pain. But in this case I was so enthralled in the story, the scenary and the massive feel of the whole thing that I never touched my glassed once. You don't notice the time passing or the 3D (eg: umbrella poking out at you)but, much like another of James Cameron's massive hit movies, Titanic, this just sweeps you along.

4.5/5 (5 if the preachy tone could have been avoided)
L

No comments:

Post a Comment