Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday Party?



January 16 2010

Liz gets a Face Book invite to a birthday party last week and we decide to go. Now as some know, I am not one that loves parties and I feel kind of out of my area of comfort. But I love Liz and she likes to go to these things once in a blue moon so I usually put on a clean shirt and follow her. Lord knows I drag her to enough things! So Saturday night. Liz went all out bought a new dress to show off her new look and she looked very hot and sexy. The face book invite said 9pm (don't get me started on face book) so we thought we'd show up around 9:40pm have a drink and say happy birthday and then go home. We decided to take the TTC as the place is very close to the ssubway and parking down there can be a bitch. We arrive at place around 9:30pm and it looks weird, the door is blocked and very quiet. We shimmy our way in go inside and....dead. Liz asks if this is the right place and the bartender (super nice girl) says she is not sure but no one really tells them anything but she will ask the manger when the club opens at 10pm. 10pm! I tell Liz only druggies and hookers are out after 10pm, she laughs and we exit the club. Liz then gets a feeling that maybe she has the wrong place, so after a hot chocolate we find an internet cafe and she checks her face book (I hate face book, why don't people just call or text each other??). After checking the we see the party starts at 10. Now in case you have not guessed we are not out that much at 10pm unless we are seeing a live event or a movie or something but we are never at a bar. In fact I think I can count on both hands the number of times we have been we've been to a bar together. Anyways we take a long walk up Bloor and wait for the right time. At 10:30pm we go to the club. The guy working the door lets Liz know that the nice bottle of wine she bought as a birthday gift can not go into the club. After we thought about it Liz put it in the trash and walked in. Oh well, I guess it does make sense that you cannot bring a bottle in with you but we honestly never even thought about it. Next step $5.00 cover, okay not bad, $5.00 each I can handle. We walk up the huge stairway, get into the club and BANG we are the only 2 people in the club....come on people it's 10:30pm. Liz is pissed. She thinks for a second and tells me if we did not just pay $5.00 each she would love to just go home. I tell if you want to leave don't worry about the cash I think we can afford it. She looks at me and say "take me home. I'm done" we rush down the stairs get the wine out of the garbage and hit the subway. I assume all is okay but as we sit there on the subway I look over and there are tears...PANIC! PANIC...O GOD SHE IS CRYING PANIC...!
After she settles down and I offer to take her back in the car, or even rent a plane, anything to stop the tears, she tells me it was just such a fucked up night that she feels bad. I tell her to relax and that it was kinda fun. Hey maybe we're just not meant to be out late at night.

At 11.30pm we are both in bed snuggling and watching tv.
What a Saturday night lol.

garry

PS here she is in her new dress..she does look good

Liz, note to self: don't bother leaving the house after 9pm - you have no idea what goes on in the world at such a late hour. You're better to stay home where you understand limited rules of being in jammies at 6:30pm and a crazy night consists of eating a bowl of cereal before bed.
L

1 comment:

  1. Now that was some kind of reading! I enjoyed that. At least it took my mind off my shit!
    And Garth~~Liz's hair????? I LIKE IT!!!!!!!
    She looks so different. In a good way..not that she looked bad before! I like it.
    and the dress I like it too!!!! That just sounds all mucked up to begin with...sort of like my holidays
    xoxoxoxoxo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete