Monday, January 18, 2010

The Book of Eli


January 16 2010

At Comic Con last summer I saw preview of this movie and I knew there I was going to see it. Denzil Washington plays Eli and the story is from a graphic novel that both Liz and I have never read so it was all new to us. It is about an end of the world where people really have nothing left, kinda like the Mad Max movies from the 80's (have I ever told you I love the the 80's?). Eli is walking around carrying the book, the book of Eli, and it's the only one in the world. So, as you can imagine, everyone wants it. There are some great action parts in this movie and a fantastic scene, all done in one shot in the shadows, that is AMAZING. The story is good, the action is great, Gary Oldman does a great bad guy as usual and way different then Commissioner Gordon but he is always great. The chick from the 70's show, Mila Kunis, is in it and she's turning into a pretty good movie star. All in all if you like this kind of movie this is a most see. I really liked it

4 out of 5

garry

A fun movie. Especially good for fans of graphic novels as it really had that kind of feel to it. The movie tried for a few twists at the end that just failed to achieve that "no way" factor. I wonder if that was a reflection of it's graphic novel background which can often look clunky when translated into a movie. Still it was a good popcorn movie and I think anyone who like action movies with a serious heart will like it.

4/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment