Thursday, July 16, 2009

Polaris July 10-12 2009


Friday July 10, 2009

Polaris

So this was Liz's 2nd Polaris and my 13th! Well, I think 13 but it may be more. My Mom's 10th time, I think. Polaris is a fan run convention which means it's kinda small but we always have a good time. The con didn't start till Friday at 7 pm so that gave us all time to get there. Liz took the bus, Mom got a ride up and I came right from work. Mom got our room and our passes so that saved Liz and me lots of time. we all met up and did some walking around through the dealers room and art show and just cruising around this new location for the con. Liz and I went to a few panels as my Mom spends most of her time volunteering. That evening we went to the bar for some Klingon Karaoke (don't ask-- but it was fun). It had been a long day for me as I was up early so around 11pm was it for me and we all went to bed.

Garry

There was a late evening talk with a guy I hadn't heard of but I had heard that he was a bit dirty so I had high hopes ;-) OMG! Was I disappointed! He was beyond boring, to the point that Garry and I had a fit of giggles whenever we looked at each other sitting there (really rude of us as we were sat in the front row). Anyway he eventually had to shut up and we escaped to the Klingon Karaoke. We decided to skip the pirate party but I heard the next day that they'd done a great job decorating everywhere so it looks like we'll have to be a bit more adventurous next year.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment