Friday, July 3, 2009

Public Ememies


Thursday July 02 2009

After work Liz and I thought it would be cool to see the new Johnny Deep movie, Public Enemies. We did try to to see this movie yesterday (Canada Day) but it was sold out. I thought this was a good sign. WRONG! This was not my kind of movie. I mean first thing, it was sooo slow. I hate a movie that kinda drags on and on. I really didn't hate it but I like movies to have more action and fun. The story is OK but I knew it already. I think Liz didn't know much about John Dillinger so she may have liked the movie better. I have to say Christian Bale has had a rough summer. Terminator Salvation was a waste and now this movie. Anyone could have played the part Bale played. Oh well, he was great in BATMAN!

so over all I would 6 out of 10.

garry

Well I enjoyed this movie. It did a good job of showing that good guys and bad guys can be hard to tell apart. And there was a line that the John Dillinger character said "I want the public to like me, I have to hide out amoung them" (or something similar) - loved when Johnny Depp delivered that line. And there seemed to be a lot of stuff going on in the background that wasn't fully addressed but I liked that the film-maker didn't need to explain everything that was going on. Not the action flick I expected but none the worse for it.

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment