Friday, July 31, 2009

San Diego Comic Con day 3




Friday July 23 2009

Woke up early and jumped in the shower. I slept better but Liz is not great with 5 hours sleep a night. That's what I get at home so it was no problem for me.

We walked to the con, stopping for supplies as well as breakfast at Subway. I knew I was going to be in Hall H all day so I bought lots of Coke Zero and some snacks. I lined up for Hall H (about 2 hours). Liz was with me for a bit but she wanted to hit the exhibition hall for some things we wanted. I got into the Hall H found my normal seat and got ready to watch a days worth of programming.
Warner Brothers was first they had lots of great movies. Denzel Washington and Robert Downey Jr. were some of the big stars. Next was Walt Disney (Liz's with me by then) and I thought that was kinda of boring. Then came Tim Burton, with the panel for his new movie 9. Both Liz and I know about this movie and really want to see it. Tim Burton was there and he is a freaky guy. After 9 came the main panel for me - District 9. This movie looks great! Peter Jackson is the producer and we love him (Lord of the Rings in case you're not sure) and the panel rocked. They showed some great clips and Peter talked about the hobbit and his other projects. Next was a star wars panel that sucked. Then another great panel - Peter Jackson and James Cameron and they both talked about their movies, Hollywood and how things are going in the industry. This was my favorite panel of the day. To me a great day and time well spent.

At night Liz picked us up some free tickets to see the movie Thirst. It was ok but to be honest I passed out in the thatre and spent the time sleeping with Liz poking me to stop me from snoring. So Liz will have to talk about the movie.

After that Wendy's for dinner and back to the room to sleep.

That ends day 3 - Liz is not happy, lack of sleep lol.

Garry

Was thrilled to score the free tickets to Thirst! I had to hustle around the exhibition room, asking the right people to track those down! AND I nearly got lynched when I cut into the massively long line for a free Dr. Who bag. What! That line really was ridiculous! Plus it wasn't for me, it was for Garry - so it's totally allowed {although I don't think the people who swore at me felt that way!). BUT I returned victorious!! Yipee! Now when's it bedtime?
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment