Sunday, June 21, 2009

Neil Gaiman in Toronto


June 8 2009----An Evening With Neil Gaiman

Jane Mallett Theatre, St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts

So Liz does a lot of stuff I like so I thought I would do something she was more into then me (I know, SHOCKING). That being said I kinda of like Neil but his books just don't touch me the way they do Liz. I do love to listen to the man talk though so it was nice to get tickets. This event was sold out in 3 minutes! I got us tickets BUT the problem was I got 2 single seats. The first ticket was a great one in the 3rd row and the other was in the last row...guess which seat I got lol.

The talk was great and Neil was very warm and a great speaker. Even though my seat was last row it was still a great seat. I did have fun getting texted from Liz asking me how my seat was..that's love...yeah right..

After the talk we got in line and had Neil sign a few books and make small talk with us. Very nice man. I read on line that he signed for over 3 hours but thankfully we where only in line for maybe 30 minutes.

I would go listen to Neil talk or read again anytime he is in Toronto or at any of the other events we go to.

Great evening. Maybe i should try and read more Neil. Liz would suggest that maybe I should read anything without pictures!!

garry

No comments:

Post a Comment