Sunday, June 28, 2009

Toronto 24 hour film race 2009


June 26,2009

Friday night we thought we would go see the 24 hour film race. What it is? Well, people have 24 hours to make a ahort film. The topic this year was PAYBACK.

I thought most of the films where boring. Liz was way more forgiving and I think she may have really liked the films. I could not agree, but that's OK.

Maybe the theme was not for me. Liz really likes it so I guess I may go back next year. That will be her call.

On a positive note we had an OK dinner outside on a nice patio as the weather was excellent.

I think I will let Liz talk about the films if she want, but to be honest I was not really into any of the films.

garry

I think it's amazing that anyone can create, from scratch, a 3 minute movie in 24 hours! And it's not on just any topic they like - they're given a set topic (in this instance pay-back) and an action that needs to be included (here it was spraying perfume) and once they have that information they have 24 hours to their submission dead-line! Needless to say, production values are not always the highest but that's to be expected with time and buget constraints. For a short movie I really don't mind that too much. There were a few gems in there like Snip, about a dog who pays back his owner after getting the snip.

It's definitely a bit of risk when you go to these things but that's part of the fun! And in this case I think it was worth it.

Liz

2 comments:

  1. OMG - Lizzie is posting too - love it, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other half of your other halfSaturday, 04 July, 2009

    Didn't you go to that last year too?

    ReplyDelete