Monday, March 15, 2010

Defendor


Saturday March 13 2010

After a great weekend last weekend this weekend was going to be rainy and windy. O well, the winter this year has been great so I guess we shouldn't complain. It was a shit day so Liz and I thought we would go see a movie we've wanted to see for a few weeks.....Defendor. I know almost everyone reading this will not have heard of this movie but Liz and I read about it on-line and we thought it looked like our kind of movie. Woody Harrelson of Cheers and Zombieland fame is the star and it was shot in Hamilton. The story is about a guy who is a little slow and thinks he's a superhero whom he invents and names Defendor. The movie was pretty good and the story was interesting but it did look and feel like a B movie but it was fun. Woody Harrelson was really good and the movie was good. I am always a sucker for superhero type movies so I kinda liked this movie. I will say I think it will be on the movie channel fast as they are part of the people who put up money to make the movie. So if you want to watch it, I'd guess that you can see it it soon on TV.

I did like it and out of all the movies we saw this weekend it was the best

so DEFENDOR gets 3.5 out of 5

garry

I really liked this. It's about one guy thinking he can protect and defend his fellow citizens and his city. That belief means he's perceived as crazy by the justice system and some individuals but others see in him the hero that we all want to believe in. He's regarded as mentally handicapped because he has a much simpler approach to life than most, he lives and dies based on what he believes is right. It was interesting and entertaining, wasn't preachy and although imperfect I'd recommend it.
4/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment