Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Repo Men


March 20 2010

Repo Men

Saturday afternoon, rainy, so guess what! We went to the movies. Now that I think of it the weather really doesn't affect when we go to the movies but this was a rainy Saturday so the movies is a great choice. Repo Men I have read about for well over a year. In fact I read that it was filmed in 2007 or something like that. The movie is basically about about repo men that come after you if you cannot pay for the part that you bought. The difference is the parts are body parts like hearts, lungs, ears etc and when you fall behind they come and literately cut it out. The chemistry between Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker is terrific and the movie was great. I LOVED it. I also loved that it was film here in Toronto was it was cool seeing buildings and the TTC. There are some violent parts (which I love) but the story I thought was great, right till the end.

There was also another movie called Repo the Genetic Opera which was a musical with the same story...now that movie sucked. In the 80's (how i miss them) there was also a great movie called Repo Man with Emilio Estevez which is a cult classic and great in it's own way but not as good as the current Repo Men.

Go see this movie, could be one of the best movies I have seen this year.

4 out of 5
garry

OMG! Don't listen to him! The boy is delusional. This wasn't the worst movie ever but it did have some scenes that required too much suspension of disbelief or that were just wrong. In the latter category I refer to a scene near the end of the movie that seemed to be a sex/surgical cutting scene. The whole thing was bizarre and creepy and I'm sure was intended to titallate the sub-section of society into that kind of thing. Interesting but failed in a few areas.
2/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment