Monday, March 29, 2010

Henry Rollins



March 26 2010

After working Friday I took the subway and met Liz at her work. (I actually don't mind taking the subway but buses and street cars I am not a fan of those.) So after looking all over the net I found a restaurant near where we were seeing Henry and I talked Liz into it. It was in a great part of Toronto called Liberty Village. Liz or myself have never been to this part of the city but we loved it. Close to downtown and a walk from Liz's work (a long walk but it was not too bad) and a great new part of town. In fact I think if we were looking for a condo we would look seriously at Liberty Village. So the restaurant I found was called Liberty Noodle and it it was excellent. Here is the web sitehttp://www.libertynoodle.com/index.php. You should check it out. Both Liz and I are watching what we eat so eating out is not something we do a lot of anymore but the portions at this place and the healthy choice make this a great choice for us.I had CHILI AND GINGER BEEF which Liz helped me with and she ordered salted edamame (which I have never had and I loved) and CHICKEN WINGS which where not great. We ate all of this sharing with each other which is the way Liz likes to eat and can be very annoying but I am learning to like it. The meal was great and pretty cheap and a great cool looking restaurant we will be back for sure. Great find by me if I do say so myself.

Then we walk over to the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on the CNE grounds to see Henry Rollins. Henry was the lead singer in Black Flag a very heavy punk band but now he tours around talking about current events and his travels around the world. To be honest we were not sure how good he would be but I always wanted to see him and the tickets where a pretty good price. He was okay. Maybe a bit too political for us and parts were lost on me but other parts where great and very interesting. Was I gald I went? YES. Would I go see him again...probably not. We both Love Kevin Smith and could listen to him talk everyday but Henry maybe a bit too serious to listen to for more then 2 hours. But he was good in parts.

I would say 3 out of 5 Henry and 4 out of 5 food

so a good night

garry

The restaurant was nice. Simple food (which is how Garry likes his meals) in not enormous portions. We'll go back again to enjoy the atmosphere of the area and have edamame. And yes, we will be sharing plates then too. I consider all plates on the table to be available to me, in polite company they're only available for tasting but in less formal situations I'd advise you to eat fast in case I prefer your meal over mine. Don't say you haven't been warned! And as for Henry Rollins. An interesting guy but I wouldn't go back again. He just can't compare to Kevin Smith in terms of entertainment value.
3/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment