Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's A Kinda Magic -- Queen tribute Band



March 19 2010

It was a nice Friday night and Liz and I went to see a Queen tribute band called "It's A Kinda Magic". I saw this same band about 3 years ago and really liked them so I thought Liz would get a kick out of seeing them. They're really good. The dude who plays Freddy does a great job and has all the moves down. Liz is a little bitter because she always wanted to see Queen but never had the chance, me on the other band saw them at 2 times and loved both shows. I also saw them after Freddy's death when the band played with Paul Rogers. I'm a big fan.

The show was at Massey Hall which is a great place to see any band. We also had first row balcony seats so that made the show even better....no one in front of you. They played all hits and even some old hidden gems. It was a great show. Fat Bottom Girls, Radio Ga-Ga and Bohemian Rhapsody were the highlights for me but the full show was great. It was great way to hear Queen songs by a band that is close to the original Queen but if you ever saw the Freddy and Queen live you know no one can do a live show like the late Freddy Mercury and Queen could (well Kiss but we all know that already).

A great Friday night out and I think in another 3 years we may go see them again.

4 out 5
garry

This show REALLY made me regret not having seen Queen when Freddy Mercury was alive. They're only a cover band but were so good that it made me think how fabulous the original band must have been. I wouldn't have spent the money on a cover band myself but that would have been my mistake. They were great! A really fun night.
4/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment