Monday, September 14, 2009

All About Steve



So Sunday after I worked all day - yeah overtime, woohoo! - Liz and I went to see Final Destination 4 in 3D. We got to the show, sat down, watch previews and suddenly at show time sound but no picture. Weird? Next thing the Manager from the cinema comes in (for a split second I thought for sure someone was coming to kick Liz back to Ireland) and the movie is not going to happen. Now that sucks! But we get get 4 free movie coupons and as we leave we sneak in to see All About Steve. We had no real idea what it was about but it was the only movie playing at that time.

So the movie it was OK. Romantic comedy with Sandra Bullock who I like. She is fun to watch but the movie is kinda vanilla...nothing really to it. I will say that the cinema was kinda full so someone most like this kind of movie (I also like these movies but trying to act cool here). A good date movie or chick flick but for us MACHO guys stay away. But I did like her red boots!

4 free movie coupons and a free screening of All About Steve..sounds ok to me.

I would say 2.5 out of 5

hoping to see Final Destination this week...

garry

So the Sandra Bullock movie that we ended up seeing was actually okay. At least it had a message that I could get behind - namely that it's okay to not be a mainstream person and you shouldn't change yourself just to fit in. The film lacked some of the emotion that it might as I couldn't work out why the main character (Sandra) was so hot but so odd (I didn't get the message til the end). The ending made up for some of the films flaws but it looks like they took a quirky independent movie and made it mainstream which, given the movie's message, is kinda sad/ironic. Anyway's worth seeing if there's nothing else on but didn't love it.
2.5//
L

No comments:

Post a Comment