Sunday, September 20, 2009

U2 at the Rogers Centre (skydome)

Thursday September 17 2009 Liz and me went to see U2 at the roger centre. We had general admission tickets whick is usually something I am not really into, but this time it worked out fantastic. We went to the dome early as we thought it might be a zoo. But it was very easy to get in and we went right down to general admission area. The stage for U2 is amazing - so huge and it looks like a spaceship. What a great stage! The opening was Snow Patrol who were ok. There were kind of alot of slow songs and lets be honest I hate opening bands and was there to see U2. Finally at about 9 pm on they walked. We ended up about 20 rows from the front and we could see everything perfectly. The show was EXCELLENT. By far the best stadium concert I have ever seen. Great songs and the show was great. The first 4 songs where off the new cd so we did not really know them, but when the hits came we knew them all. Sunday Bloody Sunday, Vertigo, ONE LOVE, BEAUTIFUL DAY, NEW YEARS DAY..and on and on. What a concert. I would see U2 any time and I would sit in the general admissions section and just have a great time with all the rest of people. I am pretty sure Liz lost her voice and we both where sore from jumping and dancing around. A great thing about seeing the show at the Rogers Centre was they had the roof open and it was great looking into the sky and at the CN tower..great night Great show...U2 ROCKS

garry




What can I say that Garry hasn't said already......they were totally awesome! Loved the whole night. And for $120 for both of us - it was excellent value. They did play some of their new stuff which I didn't know at all but when they played the old stuff the crowd went wild and we all sang til we could barely talk. LOVED THEM! My only concern - when will they be back?
L

No comments:

Post a Comment