Sunday, September 27, 2009

Word On the Street



Sunday September 27 2009

Today Liz myself and my parents went to the Word On The Street in Toronto. It's a great big book sale that happens in Toronto. We love it. They close down all of Queens Park which is a full circle and people sell their books and magazines. There are alot of authors reading but we just really go to see what books they're selling. This year Liz and I bought a few graphic novels and a few other books but not that much. It was a lot of fun and both my parents seemed to enjoy it - this was my Father's first time going.

I think they have have Word on the Street all over Canada. It really is alot of fun and if you never have gone you really should.

We had a busy weekend and did alot of shopping. Next weekend hockey starts and I think we're going to budget better for all the stuff we have coming up.
garry

This event is just a nice excuse to potter around looking at books while you're OUTSIDE! I never get to do that. And the fact that they close it off to traffic and it's a pedestrian area is really nice. We spent a fortune (well $18) on street vendor food that, for the most part, ended up in the bin lol. And at the end we spent ages waiting for Jack to make it back to the meeting point (note: next year agree a time as well as a place to meet). Although in fairness I didn't really wait for Jack as I took the opportunity to buy more insanely priced street food - but I ate this one! We all had fun and it's nice way to spend 2/3 hours.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment