Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dragon Con day 2



Saturday September 5 , 2009

After a great night's sleep we headed back to the con. There seemed to be a lot more people at this year's con. But I think the guests have lots to do with it. There was Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner and Patrick Stewart. Huge Star Trek Guests. Saturday we saw lots of guys from Battle Star Galactica and Patrick. We got really lucky as Patrick was so packed but we waited and got in to sit in the back. His talks are always great and this is the third time I've heard him talk. The next panel was a surprise panel which was most of the cast from Babylon 5, a great sci fi show from years gone bye. All the cast is older but it was great to hear all the old stories and to bring the memories of that tv show back to me. I think Liz was thinking who the hell are these old farts. O well, I loved them. At night we went to see this band called Crux Shadows. A good Indy band but not for Liz. I kinda liked them but not great. I love that about dragon con, music, tonnes of people dressed up and just so much to see and do.

We went to bed about 1:00am and Liz was dead...I was ready for more and even got a bit pissed that we had to leave. But I guess I was sleepy as 2 minutes after we got to the room I was out.

I did not even mention the parade that is great on Staurday morning - just so much to remember

garry

So I'll start with the parade. It started at 10am but you have to be there waaaay earlier to get the best seats on the street if you don't want to miss anything. Garry and I now consider lining up, being insanely early etc to be an essential part of the experience of cons, fan movies etc - it's all just part of the fun. And it's very popular as it's held in the streets of downtown Atlanta and everyone can attend, hence there's lots of families and non-con go-ers. So we got there at about 8:40am and saw the same friendly girl that we sat beside last year. The parade went on for about 40 minutes with lots of music, bag-pipes and cheering of the crowd for costumes which were popular, well done or just deserved our encouragement. After that we did a bunch of panels, I went back to the room for a much needed nap and then we headed out to see the masquerade. But that was kinda boring so we wandered around to see some bands and check out people's costumes. Fun day but I was totally exhausted by the end.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment