Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dragon Con 2009



Friday September 4 2009

We had a real early start as our plane left from Buffalo at 6:15am. So that means we have to leave the house at 2am. WOW! The drive to Buffalo was easy, in fact even better than usual as no one was on the road. The border was an easy pass and off we go to the airport. Park and get through customs. Well guess what my bag gets stopped. All I hear is the guy say "who's bag is this?" I was nervous. The guy swabbed the bag for explosives! I have never had this before but Liz tells me it's normal. Off he sent us and we head to Atlanta.

The first day of the con was great. A bit of a line to get the pass but no big deal. My first panel was Stargate Atlantis which was ok but not all the actors had showed yet. Next for me was Terry Gilliam a great director and one of the minds behind Monty Phyton. He was great, we'd seem him at comic con....but still fun. A few more panels and then, in the surprise of the night, Liz and I went to watch wrestling live. I have to say it was fun and I even heard yell a guy a pussy really loudly at one of the wrestlers, can you believe it lol.

After that we where beat and time for us to sleep after being up almost 22 hours. Great day! I love dragon con.

garry

No comments:

Post a Comment