Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ireland Part 4--Kiss In Dublin



Ireland Part 4

Friday May 7 2010

I guess someone up there must like me. We planned our trip to Ireland and then after we bought the flights I heard Kiss were going to be playing in Dublin.....right in the middle of our trip! I was out of my mind happy!

The concert was on a Friday but since we where on vacation the day did not really matter. This was going to the first time Liz saw the world's greatest band and will be my 32 time. (I was telling people when I was drunk that it was 50 but 32 is still alot and I was drunk so everything is bigger and better when you are drinking.)

Anyway the concert was amazing, it was great to see them in Dublin. It was pretty much the same show as the others but I still loved it and standing on the floor was kinda cool and we had a great view.

#32 was great and later this year I will see them again for #33. Maybe someday it will be 50 that's a goal lol.

10 out 10

garry

We stopped at a hotel bar on the way to O2 Arena and the place was packed with people wearing KISS t-shirts under their denim jackets. So it turns out that Garry is right and he's NOT their only fan. At the concert I felt like an old lady trying to like the kids music - some of it was fine but mostly I didn't get what the fuss was about. And I kept thinking that Gene Simmons is 60 years old and he just put that skanky tongue away. But Garry was super excited and that was great fun. He bought himself a KISS scarf on the way home and was very pleased as that counts as proper European memorabilia because it's not something he's ever seen over here. Aterwards we grabbed some food at Super Macs (can't recommend it though) and caught the night bus back to Dad's.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment