Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Karate Kid 2010


Karate Kid 2010

Tuesday June 15 2010

It was cheapy Tuesday at the movies so we decided to go check out Karate Kid 2010. It's rare for us to go to the movies during the week (unless it's a film festival or something special) but we thought what the heck. The first thing we noticed was that it was packed which makes sense but we did forget how busy it can be. The good part was the crowd was actually pretty good and did add something to the movie by cheering during certain parts,it was actually kind of fun.

The movie was okay, not great and for me not as good as the original but was worth seeing. I should confess that I did pass out for about 10 mintues, I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much but the movie was fucking long, like over 2 hours. Will Smith's son was okay as the kid but sometimes he was OVER the top.

The movie was fun, the crowd was fun and it was a pretty good night out. I would do a Tuesday night movie again as it was kinda fun.

I would say 2.5 out of 5

garry

Well this night finished better than it started as I ordered the tickets on-line from MovieTickets.com. Note-to-self (and everyone else): avoid them and go to cineplex.com in the future. They charged a $2 fee AND we didn't get tickets but some print out that we had to show to get our tickets AND we didn't get any Scene Card points for the tickets. (I emailed them but they refused to refund me.) Once Garry and I had finished arguing about my screw-up it was acutally a fun evening. Mostly because of the crowd which was packed with very excitable kids who giggled and gasped in all the right places. It was a bit like seeing a Christmas panto. So if you have younger kids I'd say this movie is a must.
3/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment