Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whip It and Capitalism



Monday October 12 2009

Holiday Monday and just about everything is closed. Only thing to do GO TO THE MOVIES! Well we are almost running out of things to see but we decide we want to see Whip It. Now we I hear Whip It I think Devo but this was a movie not a great 80's song. I love the 80's! The movie is about the roller derby and back in the day when I was kid the derby was kinda huge, well not huge but I knew about it. I can remember Skinny Mini Miller a sleek black girl with moves to kill.....wow, lots of reflection here must be because I am 43 now. The actors in this movie were not the most graceful on skates but it was a fun movie. In a sense it did remind of some the old 80's movies. Girl is kinda of a loser, finds something she loves but her Mom wants her to do something else and in the end it all works out. I'm not sure how I feel about about Drew Barrymore. I think I may be getting sick of her but I am not sure why. All in all a fun movie but VERY predicable

2.5 out of 5

After Whip It ended we did some looking around and saw that the new Michael Moore movie Capitalism was about to start in 1 minute. So we slipped in to see this movie for free. Now this is a typical Micheal Moore movie. He finds people at the very end of their rope and it's kinda heart breaking. I just wish we had more of a back story into some of peoples problems but something tells me we may not have the sympathy we feel as we watch. There are some things in this movie that are just mind blowing. Like WALMART was taking out insurance polices on it employees and making millions on them when they died. It is so hard to figure out but what it sounds like is they find younger people that have a medical problem say asthma and gamble that they may die young so that they get a big pay off....it was mind blowing. You should see the movie just to hear about that. Parts of the movie are boring but it did teach me stuff I did not know and small parts are funny. He also puts alot of ex[ectations on President Barack Obama and I sure hope he can get something done, so far not seeing much. I know it's early but not seeing much of anything yet.

LETS HOPE - YES WE CAN

I would say 3 out 5

garry

No comments:

Post a Comment