Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Polaris 24 July 16-18 2010



Polaris 24 July 16-18 2010

This is usually our first convention of the summer. Liz and me liked to call this the Margaret Smith convention as the main we reason we go to this one and stay there (even though it's only 20 mins from home) is my mom LOVES this convention. I think we would still go but we may not stay the night if left to our own devices.I have to say that I didn't really like the guests this year. The guests were:

Mark Sheppard--Battle Star and Supernatural
Kai Owen--Torchwood
Lindsay Wagner--Bionic Woman
Ethan Phillips--Star Trek: Voyager
and a few others I don't really know

So most of the guest were not the best.

Liz and I saw Lindsay Wagner on stage she did a bit of a talk but we left as she was BORRRING. I honestly could not believe it. The Bionic Women was never my favorite show but it was not boring.

Kai Owen was a great guest. Lots of fun and he really got into the event. He was singing at the Klingon Karaoke (yes same as last year) and his talks on stage where lots of fun. My mom who works photo's was telling me he was lots of fun with everyone getting their picture with him. It's nice when a guy you really don't know turns out to be such a fun guest.

Liz spends all her time going to panels on things like True Blood, Movies in Review, Dr Who, Robert J Sawyer talking Flashforward and whatever else she went to without me.

Truth be told Saturday night I left the convention to go see Rush.

I guess this is a fun convention but I really think it could use something new, I'm not sure what but it just seems to be missing something. We had a good time and we'll be there next year at Margaret's convention

garry

This was better than I remember it being last year. I go to a lot of panels on various topics and I found that there were lots of good discussions which I think were really lacking last year. So that made it worth while for me this year. Also I took an hour when I didn't have anything on and got myself a pedicure in the very busy little nail place in the little mall underneath the hotel. I was lucky they managed to squeeze me in and they did a great job. It was nice to have a quiet hour. With Garry being gone for hours to go see Rush, Margaret and I were left to our own devices. We did pretty well but I couldn't convince her to hang out in the bar with me lol. It was better than I'd anticpated and hopefully that'll continue next year!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment