Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Rain the Beatles Tribute


Rain The Beatles Tribute

August 1 2010

This would be Liz's first time seeing Rain but my 3rd or 4th, I can't remember exactly, but they do a great Beatles tribute and I thought she would like it. We really decided to go as there were seats for $25.00 - you can't really go wrong. We jumped on the TTC and headed downtown.

When we get to the Canon Theatre the usher tells us our tickets will not scan and we have to go the booking office. I bought these tickets on-line, right from the theatre so I wasn't worried. I remember they where like 5 rows from the top but still the best "cheap" seats in the house. I had warned Liz that we would be high up but that it would still be good, we'd still see and hear everything and and not have to pay the $100.00 for better seats. Actually I was just reassuring myself as she couldn't care less and in fact she usually gets the cheap seats, I'm the one that tends to be picky about good seats. Any ways back to the usher she walks us to the box office making us feel like we're back in school going to the Principal's office. When we get there the guy tells us that they have up-graded our seats and now we have second row! Can you believe it! From almost the last the row to the second.....wow what a score. $25.00 for second row, aisle seats and I'm sure some people around us had paid like $100.00 bucks. I had to really work to NOT ask anyone near us what they'd paid for their seats, I really wanted to know.

Once the show started it was great. There was great tempo from beginning to end and lots of clothing changes. Liz and I were total idiots singing and clapping along. Great show!

It was alot of fun and the change of seats was a real bonus.

4 out 5

garry

Next week I am going to Paul McCartney in concert and those seats are $275.00 each I wonder if he will be worth it.....
I was sure Garry had bought some dodgy tickets but he kept insisting he hadn't. Not sure how we wound up with such excellent seats but we really enjoyed the up-grade. Also not sure I'd need to go as many times as Garry has but that once, it was a great afternoon of singing and dancing in front of your chair. When he was buying the Paul McCartney ticket he asked if I wanted to go......I say no. $25 at Rain is plenty good enough for me.
4/5
L

No comments:

Post a Comment