Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs The World


Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Saturday August 14,2010

So we had a late start to the After Dark so we thought what should we do....I know lets go see a movie, we wanted to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World. This movie is based on the graphic novel although I haven't read them (I'm more into the superhero graphic novels). This move has been all over the net and to be honest it seemed liked there were so many preview showings that just about everyone that wanted to has seen this movie.

I liked the movie. Was it perfect? No. But it was fun and I loved that it was filmed here in Toronto and it showed Toronto in a great light. The synopsis of Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: boy meets girl, boy falls in love with girl, boys has to defeat evil exes to be with girl. That's it in a nut shell. It was visually excellent and lots of fun. On the down side it was a bit long and some of the effects were not needed (and I saw that without reading the books) but I did like the movie.

I have read on-line that the movie is not doing great and that is too bad as I think it deserves a good boxoffice.

3 out of 5 for the movie 5 out 5 for fun

garry
I have to agree with Garry's rating of 3/5 for the movie and 5/5 for the fun. This movie has a great comic book/gaming feel to it (although I say that without having read the original graphic novel format) and was loads of fun. I think that 7 evil exes made the movie a little too long - 4 or 5 would have been fine. But all the scenes of Casa Loma and Insomnia on Bloor Street were great. And the fight scenes taken from all the classic fight games were just perfect. I think anyone would enjoy this movie even if they do find their attention wandering a little before the end.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment