Monday, September 13, 2010

Fan Expo 2010







Friday August 27 to Sunday August 29 2010
FAN EXPO
So Liz and I went to Fan Expo again this year. As I've done for the last 10 years. This year it was back in the small part/north building of the convention centre. That was a huge mistake. I'm not sure why they put it in the samller building as last year the larger south building has issues coping with the crowds, needless to say this move proved to be a disaster. The initial line up to get in was annoying but it was not that bad for us really. Saturday was the worst day for crowds. At one point Liz went out to grab lunch and almost couldn't get back in, she begged, the gods smiled on her and got back in but reading on-line lots of people went out (to get food mainly as there was really notthing in the expo) and they ended up getting stuck outside for 3-4 hours. The shit part was I heard people who bought tickets on the day of the event jsut walked right in - now that sucks. They say next year they're going to fix this problem - I say let's wait and see. But they have to do something as there are TONS of pissed off people on-line.

Now on to the con.
Friday, Liz and I just walked the floor and saw what was happening and what I might want to buy. The funny thing is that every convetion I go to, I save lots of cash to buy lots of stuff but you know what, I hardly buy a thing. This year I bought some cheap dvd's and thats about it. I can't rememeber but I don't think Liz bought a thing.
A few notable things we saw at the con were:
Summer Glau - nice girl but a terribly boring interview
William Shatner - blow hard but I do like to listen to him talk
Seeing Greg Lamersons film - Slime City Massacre and talk with Greg
Lance Hendiksen - great Q and A
The Wild Hunt - movie, seeing it finally
Tron Preview in 3d and their booth on the floor
Aliens seeing a preview of the Blue Ray
That's all I can think of for now. The con was okay, just too busy. Saying that I know I will be back next year and if I am going you know I'll dragging Liz with me.
garry



No comments:

Post a Comment