Sunday, August 9, 2009

GI JOE



Saturday August 8 2009

The weekend is here and so that means movie time

I had to work Saturday so I went in very early so I could meet Liz at the movies for 11 am. We decide to go see GI JOE. I don't know who goes to these crap movies? Well.....we do and in fact I believe it was the number one movie this week. We went in thinking it was going to suck, well Liz will tell you it did but I kinda liked it. It was no award winning movie but as a popcorn flick it was great. I always love these kinda movies but to be honest anyone I know who reads this blog or who doesn't you will not like this movie. But I did.

It was fast paced with lots of action. I would have to say that the only problem was the dialog was like a bad cartoon, but I guess I like cartoons. And the accelerator suits they wear are great. They look like modern armor and allow the wearer to run as fast as a train, protect from injury and have built in machine guns. I better stop before everyone thinks I'm an even bigger geek then I really am lol.

So I guess I would give it 3.5 out of 5

Next week is District 9 and the Toronto After Dark Film Festival - can't wait!

garry

PS the second picture is what Lizs does when we are not at the movies :-)

And I should have stayed home, tucked in on my sofa coz this movie was just ridiculous. Consider some of the crap I've enjoyed* and STILL I say this was nonsense - that's how bad it was. One of the bad guys actually utters the line "you and what army?" And that's only one of a dozen examples. The characters and their relationships were not convincing. It just SUCKED!

-3 / 5

*E.G. Poultrygeist - the plot in this movie revolves around a KFC-type / fast food joint that is haunted by the angry ghosts of the chickens that have died there. And it involves a few excellent musical numbers!

Liz

FYI: she has to like Poultrygeist - that was one of our first real dates. She liked the movie even though it was terrible - right THERE I knew that I loved her.

garry

1 comment:

  1. Cindy will puke when she reads this... hahahaha

    ReplyDelete