Sunday, August 2, 2009

San Diego Comic Con Day 5





Saturday July 26 2009

Comic Con - last day - the convection is almost done :(

We head to the convention for a panel on one of our favorite shows Dr. Who. We were both looking forward to this panel as David Tenant is Dr Who to Liz and me (if you're not a fan of the show you won't understand that statement). He was great on stage, lots or kharisma. The panel was fun and leavs us looking forward to the last show with David Tennat as the Doctor. An excellent panel.
After this we went down to look around the exhibition hall and see if we missed something. Plus I want to see if anything was on sale as on the last day people selling are trying to get rid of everything. I love getting stuff on sale. So I ended up buying a few t-shirts at half price - yeah for sales!
Then we went to our last panel for this year Being Human and Torchwood. Liz has watched all the Being Human (I still have to finish) and we both love Torchwood. John Barrowman - Capt Jack from Torchwood was on the panel and he rocked! He is so gay which I think will shock alot of people who don't know but Liz and I already knew this. He is a lot of fun and his energy is great. This was great panel to end our convection on.

After we left we went and had a great dinner at the Spaghetti Factory which was a great meal and very cheap.

We then went to a hotel and had a drink on their roof-top patio and it was great way to end the vacation. Very relaxing.

We then took a long walk back to the hotel and packed for our return tomorrow.

A great day and great way to end the convention. I think it may be a few tears till we go back to San Diego but I think I want to go back in 5 years and for sure in 10 years but we will see. Also next time we are getting a real hotel!

So ends day 5 and the convention.

Garry

1 comment: