Saturday, August 29, 2009

The EX




August 24 2009

My Mom, Sydnee (also her friend no idea what her name is now), Liz and myself went to the Canadian National Exhibition. It was long day for me as I worked and then met my Mom and the girls and Liz came around after she was done work. The Ex is always kinda fun but this year it seemed to miss a bit of the magic. My Mom and I spent a bit of time walking around the buildings and we all had lunch at the food building. The crowd seemed small to me but that was OK with us. After we ate and walked around some more Liz and the girls hit the rides. I gave up on the rides after a bad experience on a ride years ago. My stomach just isn't into them anymore...to old maybe lol. Well they did a bunch of rides and generally had a good time.
Liz, my Mom and me ended the night watching a Kenny Rogers cover band (I know!) as the girls walked around playing games and just spending time without us adults. Syndee ened up winning a BIG yellow dog.
All in all, an ok time but maybe my Ex days are over...who knows we'll see next year

garry

It was fun to hang out and do all the rides with the girlies. I really enjoyed it until I did the ride that looks like lots of hang-gliders (see one of the photos for the culprit). Spinning around facing the ground - ugh. I was done after that one. My nausea may have been related to the fact that I'd eaten a lot of yummy Indian food followed by a large slice of brownie cheescake. But at least it all stayed down!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment