Thursday, August 20, 2009

Must Love Death



August 19 2009

Toronto After Dark Film Festival Day 6

Okay, it's official, I've seen enough movies this week! But since I love movies I made my way down to the Bloor for another. Tonight Liz and I saw Must Love Death. It's billed as a "brutal romantic comedy" . I'd argue with that as I didn't laugh that much and it wasn't near as brutal as I like. That being said, it was okay and there where a few laughs but over all just okay.

maybe 2.5 out of 5

But on a bright note the renovations have begun with a bang. WOW! The old bathroom is no more. I have to say the space where the old bathroom was looks soooo small. I can't believe there was ever one there. It's supposed to take 2 weeks so we will see. All I know is the house is a mess and very dusty. We will post pictures later for you to see.

2 more days of the festival = 2 movies for me and 3 for Liz. Tonight Liz has 2 movies but I can tell you right now Liz will be sleeping and miss the second one. The first one I'm skipping so I can have a nap after work and head down to the Bloor around 8:30pm. I know! On a school night and everything!

garry

As per Garry's review - this movie just failed to hit the mark. Not terrible but not great. It was interesting to hear that it's made by film students from Germany who were attempting to make an American movie. It explained some of the odd accents and their impressions of what made a movie American resulted in a few smiles. But can't say much more than that.
2/5

The bathroom reno though! That IS exciting! I'm a little concerned about a small area of rotten wood that they haven't removed though. It was where the old shower was leaking. The wood varies from crumbling (closest to the leak) to soft and squidgy to regualr wood over an area about 8 inches long. It's by the floor on the wall that divides the bathroom from the laundry room. It's not a structural wall or anything but I'm concerned about it getting worse rather than clearing up, even though the leak will be gone. Best speak to Carly about this methinks.
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment