Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Funny People


Monday August 3-2009

Since today was a holiday here Liz and I thought we would do something different and go see a movie. I know we see so few but we thought what the heck! In actual fact it was the movie or clean house, so not much of a choice there.

Off we went to see Funny People. Now with a title like that and all the TV commercials I thought this would be good for a few laughs - WRONG. If you saw the the ads on TV you saw most of the best parts (don't you hate that!!) I think the worst part of the movie was it was soooo loooonng. It was kinda fun in places but not great. I would say to anyone reading this (all 3 of you) wait and rent the dvd and that way you can stop and take a pee break. Not a great movie but not the worst movie, but also not that funny.

I would say 2.5 (maybe 3 because I do like Adam Sandler) out of 5

Garry

Gotta agree with Garry. This movie is totally mis-sold as a funny movie. But it's a serious movie about a famous comedian who's dying. So although it has a few funny moments (all of which you've seen in the trailers) it's not at all a funny movie. And it's very long. If you want a serious Adam Sandler movie Punch Drunk Love was better.

2.5/5

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment