Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inglorious Basterds


August 22 2009

Saturday afternoon and we wondered what should we do - I thought 'what about a movie?" Liz was shocked and surprised, it was about 14 hours since we last saw a movie. We do go to the movies alot but you know it's never really boring to us and I guess the best thing is that Liz and I found each other. But OK movie...

Inglorious Basterds: I love Quentin Tarantino movies and it's been a while since I saw one but still this movie was kind of boring. The critics seem to love it but I couldn't get into it. The trailer and stuff I saw made the movie seem like it would be violent and fun. To me it was not either. I just want him to back to buddy gang kinda films.

But it should be said that most people on-line and in print loved the movie but it just wasn't for me.

2.5 out of 5 (Brad Pitt was good in the movie)

garry

I can't say I loved this but I didn't hate it either. It's the same way I feel about all Quentin Tarantino movies. They have some fun parts but they're overly long and often times slow. This one was no different. It was nice to see a Tarantino movie on the big screen as I'm less likely to fall asleep than on the sofa at home (where I've never actually stayed awake all the way through one of his movies). And I did wonder if Jewish people might like seeing the Nazis be the brunt of some on-screeen nastiness for a change. It was certainly interesting for me to see the tables turned. Conclusion: worth seeing but don't clear your schedule to fit it in.
2.5/5
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment