Monday, November 30, 2009

Star Wars In Concert




November 26 2009

Star Wars In Concert. I get geeked out about a lot of things but I was really looking forward to this. When we where in San Diego last year Lucas films was there and they talked about about Star Wars In Concert but there was only dates in USA and I was pissed. "How can they not play Canada?" I would ask Liz and she would pat me on the head, remind me that I was old, give me a coke zero, put on the Star Wars movie and I would relax.

But now it was here at the ACC and it ROCKED! I loved it! It was a bit hard to get over the fact there was a huge orchestra playing the star wars music as you watch it on a huge screen. It was like watching a movie with music be played LIVE. It was great. To be honest I was not sure if Liz was into it but after it was over she told me she liked it. As I was watching I could not take my eyes of the screen to ask her, not even sure she was actually in the seat beside me lol.

They also had a travel museum with props from all the movies but I have to say it was packed and some exhibits where hard to see. Liz did go out and get video of Yoda for me once the concert had started and crownds had cleared (she rocks).

In case you cannot tell, I really liked this show. But I think I have to sit Liz down and make her watch all the movies again, as she had a lot of question that any geek should know. So if she wants to hang with me she will need to learn. I mean who doesn't know who shot first Hans solo or Greedo...in case YOU don't know, it was Hans Solo in the original film and Greedo in the 1997 special edition but I am sure most of you know that...RIGHT??

SO THE CONCERT 4.5 of of 5

garry

This was fun - it was crazy to see a live orchestra playing the music that you know so well from the movie. I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't a recording. Honestly though it was Garry's excitement that made the evening - kid in a candy store doesn't begin to explain his enthusiasm lol. And I got a cute purple Darth Vader t-shirt that was much admired by my three year old niece, Caragh on my recent visit (more on that later). I base this on the number of times she repeated "I love your purple t-shirt Auntie Lizzie" but then she also told me that she loved my toothbrush more than once - so this may not be a fool-proof method for judging her true feelings.

So 4/5 from me.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment