Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stephen King at The Canon Theatre


Thrusday November 12 2009

Liz and I went to see Stephen King at the Canon Theatre. The event was hosted by George Stroumboulopoulos and King was interviewed by David Cronenberg. The truth is the interviewer was the problem. He did not give Mr King enough time to talk and I think all he wanted to do was hear his own voice. We did not pay to hear Cronenberg talk BUT I think someone forgot to tell him that. When King did talk it was fun and he was very entertaining, just not enough of him. The night would have been way better if they let Stroumboulopoulos do the interview. I was a bit shocked how thin King was but he did look good. Liz was very excited that King was thinking of doing a second Shining book, but that was no big deal to me.

King was talking alot about his new book Under The Dome which sounds great, but I am not sure I would ever read it as it is a HUGE book. So Liz has to read it and tell me what happens. I did read on-line that there is a mini series that is going o be made so I will watch that for sure.

In the end not a bad talk just wish there was less Cronenberg and more King. Maybe next time...

garry

Cronenberg couldn't stop banging on and thought he sounded very clever and meaningful. I thought he just sounded very boring, waaay to serious and pompous. George should have done the interview - he would have understood that we weren't paying money to listen to him and he would have been great at bringing out King's playful side. Cronenberg sucked!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment