Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Tragically Hip @ Air Canada Centre The Corporate Gig


November 5 2009 The Tragically Hip @ Air Canada Centre The Corporate Gig I started seeing ads on Craigslist for a Tragically Hip concert that was a corporate gig for Good Life Fitness. We saw a pair of tickets for $40.00, 10th row centre. I took a chance, bought the seats and Liz and I headed down to the ACC. Now with this kind of thing you always think something will go wrong. Well we got through the gates picked up about 4 glow sticks each and went to our seats. They where prefect! Yep 10th row. AMAZING! $40.00 well spent. The weird thing is last time Liz and I saw the Hip it was a special show also and that one only cost us $40.00 so it looks like we see the Hip but only if it's cheap. Now for me this was a way better show then the last time. This show was a greatest hits concert and I loved them all. Liz was about the same as last time as she's really not that into the Hip but she had a great time. It's great when you see a good band and at a great price. And we didn't have to join Good life lol. The best thing about the Tragically Hip is that they are CANADIAN. GREAT SHOW 4 out of 5

garry

This was a fun night and a really great find by Garry for ony $40 & a cheap dinner beforehand. It was bit traumatic trying to find something to eat that I wanted and that wouldn't send my Weight Watchers points through the roof! We finally settled on Est Side Mario's. As soon as the bread roll with the divne garlic butter arrived I paniced and insisted the waitress take it away lol. After that I filled up on salad (note to self request dressing on side in future - it was drowned in the stuff) and ate one half of my yummy wrap with goat's cheese and veggies. I actually didn't eat all the sandwich! I know, stunning! I'm very impressed with myself too!

After that the concert was great fun. Garry kept banging on about it being so much better than the last time we saw them. I can't say I know their music well enough to tell the difference. They were still good is all I can say.

Fun night
4/5
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment